|Albuquerque, New Mexico
|April 7, 2019
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Central Desert Behavioral Health Center
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Needed
At Central Desert Behavioral Health Center, we have been fortunate enough to build a team of amazing people from all walks of life that truly care about the residents and families we care for - they're our family. If you are that someone who goes the extra mile, cares about what you do every day, and is searching for a place that makes teamwork a priority, then come check us out.
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) will assist the Medical Director and physicians in facilitating the stabilization process for our patients suffering behavioral problems and mental health disorders. Working as part of a multi-departmental team, the PMHNP will provide diagnostic care and treatment, while focusing on psychiatric/mental health maintenance and wellness. They will use both medicinal and therapeutic interventions in treatment plans to help our patients. Additional responsibilities include on-call rotation for patient evaluation and care upon intake, attendance to all Treatment Team meetings, active collaboration with team to educate patients and families about mental illness, and participate as an active member in Quality/process Improvement meetings. This is a salaried position.
- Ideal candidate must be a caring individual dedicated to providing high quality care to residents in our care
- Must possess a current, unencumbered Advanced Practice Registered Nurse license valid to practice in the state of New Mexico
- Must hold a New Mexico Controlled Substance Registration (CSR)
- Must have prescriptive authority from the state of New Mexico • Must possess a federal DEA License/Certification
- Minimum 500 supervised clinical hours within the PMHNP program
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English Language fluently
- Able to react to emergency situations appropriately when required
- Must be a skilled communicator and able to organize and prioritize many tasks effectively
Our full time team members are valued and offered a robust and comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance/ Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Short and Long-Term Disability Options
- Tuition Reimbursement & Nursing Loan Repayment Programs
- 401 (k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- DailyPay option available! - Get your pay, when you need it.
- MetLife Auto and Home Insurance - employee discount available
- Helping Friends Foundation
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Tickets at Work - entertainment ticket discounts
- Purchasing Power - online purchase/payroll deduction
- In-facility education programs and more!
- Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Vets/Disabled. Drug-free/Smoke-free work environment