|Date Posted||April 28, 2017|
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
|Internal Job ID||17-00055|
NP - Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - PMHNP
The Submarine Capital of the World
Welcome to the Town of Groton, Connecticut. Located midway between New York and Boston, Groton is the largest municipality between New Haven, Connecticut, and the cities surrounding Providence, Rhode Island. Framed by the Thames River and the Mystic River, Groton is notable for its shores on Long Island Sound, just east of the end of Long Island. Both State and Municipal parks provide abundant access and views of the water.Groton is the home of the great US Naval Submarine Base, the Global Research and Development campus of Pharmaceutical, Inc., and the submarine construction facilities of the Electric Boat Division of General Dynamics, Inc. Other industries range from a traditional fishing boat fleet to advanced medical supply manufacturing. The recent completion of the University of Connecticut Marine Sciences center at Avery Point, with its related enterprises, gives Groton a unique place among centers of science and learning.
Naval Submarine Base New London - Groton, CT
Located in Groton, Connecticut, Naval Submarine Base New London is the United States Navy's primary East Coast submarine base, also known as the "Home of the Submarine Force” and the Navy's "First and Finest Submarine Base”. It is home port to 15 attach submarines and a major submarine construction yard. NSB New London is nestled among picturesque historic villages and bustling urban centers in the city of Groton. Scenic coastlines, couples with vintage cider mills and the largest nightclubs between New York and Boston are just a few of the attractions in the region.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Obtain and accurately document a relevant health history, with an emphasis on mental history.
- Perform comprehensive mental health assessments and psychiatric evaluations.
- Analyze the relationship between normal physiology and specific system alterations associated with mental health problems, psychiatric disorders, and treatment.
- Identify and analyze factors that affect mental health such as genetics, family environment trauma, psychodynamics, culture & ethnicity, etc.
- Collect data from multiple sources using assessment techniques that are appropriate to the patient’s language, culture and developmental stage.
- Conduct a comprehensive multigenerational family assessment.
- Assess the impact of acute and/or chronic physical illness, psychiatric disorders, and stressors on the family system.
- Perform and accurately document appropriate systems and symptom-focused physical examinations, with emphasis on the mental status exam and neurological exam.
- Develop a treatment plan for mental health problems and psychiatric disorders based on bio-psychosocial theories, evidence-based standards of care, and practice guidelines.
- Conduct individual, group, and/or family psychotherapy.
- Treat acute psychiatric disorders and mental health problems.
- Must be a graduate of a Masters of Nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Must have a minimum of one (1) consecutive year experience within the preceding three (3) years working as a Nurse Practitioner
- Shall possess current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Shall possess current certification (in the specialty corresponding to the specialty required by the task order) as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Shall possess and maintain a current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number (certificate) to prescribe controlled substances.
- Must have successfully completed 30 hours of education in pharmacology for advance nursing practice.
- Must have and maintain an active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.