|Date Posted||April 4, 2019|
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Full-Time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner- (APMHP OR PMHNP Certified) in our Oceana Branch Health Clinic in Virginia Beach, Virginia area, Serving Military AND Government populations. 40 /hrs work week M-F between hours of 7:30 am-4:00 pm.
- Obtain and accurately documents a relevant health history, with an emphasis on mental history.
- Perform comprehensive mental health assessments and psychiatric evaluations.
- Analyze the relationship between normal physiology and specific system alterations associated with mental health problems, psychiatric disorders, and treatment.
- Identify and analyzes factors that affect mental health such as genetics, family environment trauma, psychodynamics, culture & ethnicity, etc.
- Collect data from multiple sources using assessment techniques that are appropriate to the patient’s language, culture and developmental stage.
- Conduct a comprehensive multigenerational family assessment.
- Assess the impact of acute and/or chronic physical illness, psychiatric disorders, and stressors on the family system.
- Performs and accurately documents appropriate systems and symptom-focused physical examinations, with emphasis on the mental status exam and neurological exam.
- Develop a treatment plan for mental health problems and psychiatric disorders based on bio-psychosocial theories, evidence-based standards of care, and practice guidelines.
- Conduct individual, group, and/or family psychotherapy.
- Treat acute psychiatric disorders and mental health problems.
- Diagnose and treat patients with common acute conditions, illnesses or minor trauma within legally accepted protocols, Nurse Practice Acts, in collaboration with a physician
- Possess a Master’s, Post-Master’s or Doctorate degree from an advanced practice nursing program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess a current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in one (1) of the fifty (50) states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess and maintain current certification as an Adult or Family Psychiatric-Mental Health Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- A minimum of one (1) year of Post Certification full-time working experience as a Adult or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Nurse Practitioner (FPMHP)
- Have successfully completed thirty (30) hours of education in pharmacology for advance nursing practice.
- Have the ability and training to prescribe to and manage patients on psychiatric medications.
SCHEDULE: 40 Work week M-F between hours of 7:30 am-4:00 pm