|Location||Palos Heights, Illinois|
|Date Posted||April 5, 2019|
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Only 22 miles from downtown Chicago, Palos Medical Group (PMG) is offering an opportunity for a highly qualified APN (NP or CNS). If you are looking to work in a Behavioral Health department that provides a full continuum of care, this may be for you!
- Palos Health's Behavioral Health experts provide community education and prevention, diagnosis and treatment, through rehabilitation and recovery services.
- We are looking to expand the current 6 psychiatrists, 3 APNs, psychologist and 2 LCSW group.
- Palos Community Hospital's Behavioral Health experts provide community education and prevention, diagnosis and treatment, through rehabilitation and recovery services.
- New providers will join an experienced treatment team of board-certified psychiatrists, advanced practice nurses, social workers, occupational therapists and counselors.
- An extensive offering of inpatient, outpatient, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient programs, classes and support groups provide a full range of treatment options to meet the needs of the patients served by our providers.
- A 24-hour Crisis Line is staffed with an experienced Intake Team.
- Epic EMR.
- Full-time position for a Psychiatric and Mental Health Advanced Practice Registered Nurse to function in an outpatient role and as a provider for patients in Palos Community Hospital’s Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs. Experience working with patients with mental health, addictions and co-occurring problems is strongly preferred.
- Competitive base salary plus productivity bonus based on RVU’s and annual quality incentive opportunity.
- 403b plan that generously matches contributions when vested.
- Generous Benefits – Life, health, dental, vision, disability and other options available.
- Occurrence-based Professional Liability Coverage - No Tail Obligations.
- Paid holidays, vacation and continuing education days.
- Annual CME allowance.
- Master’s degree from an accredited School of Nursing with ANCC certification as an Adult Psychiatric Mental Health CNS or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- ANCC Certification as a NP or CNS.
- Illinois Advanced Practice Nursing License, Controlled Substance License and DEA required.
- Buprenorphine waiver or commitment to completing the 24 hours of training to obtain a buprenorphine waiver.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse on an inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Focus on promoting evidenced-based care within a healing culture for the patient population served and their families.
- Able to assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate the plan of care for patients served, through consistent behavioral health methods.